Amid distractions and noise, it can be easy to lose sight of what matters most. With the holiday season around the corner we can expect to be bombarded with messages telling us what to buy, what to wear, and what to think. But what if we stepped back, took a moment to listen, and asked God what really matters? After all, what matters is knowing what matters.
What Matters Is Knowing What Matters
- Leviticus 10:10 What matters is distinguishing the sacred from the common.
- Luke 18:27 What matters is what is possible with God.
- Galatians 5:6 What matters is our life of faith expressing itself through love.
- Galatians 6:15 What matters is the transformational power of Christ.
- Philippians 1:10 What matters is how we live until Christ returns.
- Philippians 2:21 What matters is taking care of what matters to Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 3:7 What matters is that God alone determines our spiritual growth.
- 1 Corinthians 7:19 What matters is the depth of our obedience to God’s Word.
- 2 Corinthians 4:18 What matters is where we focus our attention.
- 1 Peter 3:2 What matters is the depth of impact our life has on others.
- 1 Peter 3:4 What matters is a gentle and peaceful spirit.
- 3 John 1:11 What matters is what we imitate.
When we know what matters to God, it’s easier to align our thoughts, priorities, and lives with Him. We focus our time and energy on the things that are truly important, and let go of the things that don’t matter. After all, what matters, is knowing what matters.
As I consider this list, I’m seeing the need for discernment, wisdom, and insight. I want God’s Word to make a transformational impact on my life, one that manifests itself through peace, joy, and gratitude.
In these last two months of the year, my goal is say no to distractions, and yes to focusing on what God cares about. Together, let’s devote more time and attention to His voice, and get more familiar with what truly matters to God.